The 10 days of awsome releases debutes today with Custom Widgets 2.0. This is a release everyone is excited about, and which contains tons of improvements, bug fixes and extra addons.
The most significant change you will notice will be the overall design of the Custom widgets options pannel. We’ve updated the old WordPress 2.6 styled design to suit the new and sleek design of WordPress 2.7. Along with the new design we’ve fixed several compatibility bugs and implemented two much requested features: Widget name display, and more organized management. Click image below for preview.
Your text widgets will now have their title displayed in the widget management section, and finding posts you want to assign a specific widget to just got a lot easier. We got a suggestion from mufasa in which he suggested we add scroll bars to all the widget categories.
As you can see on the management preview we did implement his suggestion to the widgets that are assigned.
I talked to mbogdan and he suggested we don’t implement this feature for posts and tags, because displaying 1000+ posts at a time would put a huge load on the server and database, so to make everything simpler we added pagination to almost all sections.
All posts/tags/pages, etc are organized alphabetically and by this way using the pagination you will easily find the post or item you want to assign a widget to. Cool huh? Also lets not forget mentioning that using the master tick box you can select multiple posts at once. Click image below for preview.
Basically the bottom line is that you will find the new version of custom widgets more flexible and more simple to use. Even a newbie wordpress user can manage it!
Download Custom Widgets 2.0
Installation & Usage
***To upgrade from CW 1.2 to v2.0 simply overwrite the old files with the new ones.
1) Download the .zip file to your computer and log into your wordpress admin panel.
2) In your admin panel head over to the plugins section and select the Add new segment. Browse to the custom widgets.zip file and click the Install button. WordPress will unzip the plugin and install it for you.
3) Click the Activate Plugin link, after which you will notice the TS Custom Widgets segment in the bottom of the menu. Clicking it will take you to the management panel.
4) Before you can assign “custom widget” you will have to head over to the good ‘ol widgets section in the Apperance section and add or create new widgets. Once you’re done head over to TS Custom widgets section and assign your widget(s) to the desired sections.
5) That’s it, repeat the second part of step 4 with all the widgets you wish to turn into “custom widgets”
Stay Updated! Subscribe to my RSS feed
Blog about Custom Widgets
You are more then welcome to write blog post about custom widgets in which you may share your opinion and personal point of view about the plugin. To ensure that we also read it please use the following trackback link in your post:
Support us by donating
We work our asses off to release new plugins and themes for free. Working for free isn’t very motivating as you might know. If you wish to make a small contribution(you will be redirected to a paypal secure page) feel free to use the widget below.Once the donation meter fills up we will release a new theme and a new exciting plugin!